Sleepy Me

Sleepy Me

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Great Restraint and Sunday Scones

Hello everyone.  I have been photographed quite a few times this week because Mum has a new camera.  Not a super duper one but definitely better than the old one.  So she has been going around taking pictures of  everything and everyone.  Anyhoo, on Friday night it was home made pizza night.  Everyone has to help and I wanted to help but wasn't allowed.  So I just had to look and try not to slobber!  I thought I showed great restraint. 


This is me when I was a little fella and still learning.  Note Mum's face.  He's so cute but I can't let this happen.    So I have improved, and Mum says I am a 'good boy' (most of the time). 
 So to continue on.  Sunday, Mum decided to make scones.  Why I'm not sure cause she doesn't like to cook (Probably why she used a packet mix, but hey, at least she tried and as I found out, they were really yummy).  They turned out like this.


  Any guess what one she said I could have?  That's right.  The tiny little one second from top.  Well, I must admit I was feeling hungry after smelling them cook and now I must confess.  I tricked Mum.  While they were cooling on the bench, she forget for a moment and when she turned around I had licked one of the biggest ones.  Woops.  I know that was naughty but I just couldn't help myself.  Anyway Mum, says BRUCE, NO in a big voice and I backed off quickly.  Well, I can hear her talking to the others saying, 'oh well, I may as well give it to him later, because it will go to waste otherwise and in 10 minutes he won't remember where it came from if I give it to him outside.  Poor Mum.  I think I fooled her.  That was my plan all along. 




I felt very guilty.  Sorry Mum.  I have been a naughty boy.  I promise to be a 'good boy' as long as I can.  Mum doesn't seem to care.  She has been giving me big hugs, calling me her 'little man' and life on this wonderful Sunday is fine.  So to all out there, hope your weekend was good.  See you soon.
No worries, slobbers Bruce.


P.s.  Thought you might like to see my sister, Penny.  Cute face aye? 

4 comments:

  1. My momma LOVES scones. Hey! I understand about the self control. I learned it long ago, but my sissy Raja (who is no longer with us) once ate a half a cheesecake off the counter. Oh man!

    I think your plan worked out very well.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIya Bruce,

    My name is Homer and I want to stay thank you for stopping by at my blog! Do you know that I was born in Oz too? I was born in Sydney and I flew to Singapore when I was 3 months old and I've been travelling around the world with my family since. So you can call me an international jet setter!

    Anyway, it's nice to 'see' a new face around the blog. I will be stopping by to check you out more often!

    Love,
    Homer

    PS: Have you check out Honey the Great Dane? http://bighoneydog.com/2010/11/rspca-halloween-tv/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh - Bruce - I thought you showed REMARKABLE restraint! I would have slobbered a whole pool around that counter. And hey - great trick to get a scone! I've tried that on my humans before too and it always works - hee! hee!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Bruce! Nice to meet you. We're not-Dane rescue doggies in the U.S., but our mama had Danes for a gazillion years until she got too old to shift them when they got sick. She still likes to search out Dane blogs, and we're fine with that.

    You showed admirable restraint, not only in not snarfing any pizza when it was so close, but in only licking one biscuit and then sharing it with your sissy. Mama makes us share, too, but we don't like it.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete