Sleepy Me

Sleepy Me

Saturday, October 23, 2010

ITS MY FIRST BIRTHDAY



Hello, well I'm very excited because today is my first birthday.  Mum, Dad and I went for a walk first thing along the 'summer track' which is a long dirt road with beautiful views and not many stressful things for me to worry about.  Came home, had breakfast and then I waited for my present.  And waited.  And waited.  Well to cut a long story short, I think my breakfast was my present!  Mum insists she is getting me some chewy toys tomorrow when she goes to the shops.  She's organised as usual.   Kara said she is counting backwards on her next birthday.

My friend Tyler came to visit and we had hours of zoomies and bitey face and then I had to have a big sleep to recover.  For some reason I really love to sleep but Tyler is much more active so he pokes around waiting for me to wake up.
Some things I have learnt in my first year:
1.  To sit and wait (although sometimes I still don't wait long enough)
2.  Not to be afraid of the lawn mower or the vaccuum cleaner
3.  How to walk nicely with Mum and Dad (unless of course I see a scary dog coming and then I must admit           I go a bit 'postal').
4.  To relax with new people coming to our house.
5.  To sit near the table when everyone is eating and not try to eat off their plates (ha ha).

:Some things I want to learn in my next year
1.  To be more confident and brave.
2.  To learn some tricks and have fun.
3.  Not to slobber on the bench top.  Alas when I sweep my big lovely face along the bench I always leave          a trail of incrimenating slime.
 4. To try not to be so 'gassy'.  I'm sorry I have to release my excess wind somewhere but the whole family     think I do it on purpose just to get the room to myself.  As if!
5.  My human brother suggested I could learn my seven times tables.  Why not, anything is possible, right?

Anyhow, that's it for now.  No worries, slobbers Bruce.













 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bruce! Now, let me tell you that slobber happens and there is not much you can do about it. I am particularly fond of slobbering on house guests and the more they try to push me away the more slobber gets on them. Of course my parents are mortified, but, hey, it's part of the estate experience, right?

    As for farting... that is another side effect of being a big, relaxed pup. Heck, sometimes I even toot like a french horn when I get up too fast. No worries.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Bruce. we hope you had a great dane day!!!
    Glad you found our blog and stopped by to leave a message.hope you can stop by more often.
    my mummy also says slobbering is just donw right cool, its part and parcel of being owned by a dane she says.

    woof
    stripe

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE!!!!
    Oh I am so happy Carol decided to help you create your blog!!!
    It will be really wonderful to follow your adventures and see many many pictures of you!
    You are such a handsome boy....
    Ops Homer don't be too jelous!
    Speak to you soon!!!
    Lucille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bruce! I can't believe I only found out about your blog now! I'm so delighted you're joining the Blog World as now I can come and read all about your adventures too! :-)

    I think you're amazing to learn not to be scared of the vacuum cleaner and lawnmower in your first year! I'm 7yrs old and I'm STILL terrified fo them! :-)

    As for slobber, I'm afraid that's a losing battle! My humans have given up and just resigned themselves to living in perpetual slime...

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - OOPS! - I forgot to say "Happy Birthday!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bruce, it's so sad we met you under such sad circumstances. The gas must be a Dane thing because I call Darwin a fart bag all the time. She's constantly tooting!
    Oh the smiles you must have brought your family.

    ReplyDelete